- Performs all daily inspections and testing of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works for the contract performed ON or OFF site
- Performs and oversees all equipment inspections per API standards
- Responsible for QA/QC retention documents of the entire project including MTR certificates, calibration, NDT/ test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity and thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction. Able to interpret P&IDs, specifications, equipment OEM/Code plates, and Process Flow Diagrams
- Coordinates and monitors preset inspection intervals of plant equipment, instruments, and PSVs with operations and engineering personnel of upcoming turnarounds and shutdowns
- Performs receiving inspections on project related parts, assemblies and subassemblies to drawings, prints and purchase orders. Familiar with PMI methods and testing of nickel alloy pipe system materials
- Assures that parts and equipment received meets quality control procedures, engineering specifications and requirements
- Researches, develops, and authors procedures, reports, and other pertinent applicable documentation
- Initiates nonconformance reporting and corrective action requests when conditions averse to quality are repetitive in nature and require repair or disposition
- Capable and experienced in the calibration of all types of inspection equipment
- May be responsible for conducting the ultrasonic thickness, magnetic particle and dye penetrant evaluation of parts, piping and equipment developing accurate reports. Familiarity with inspection equipment and NDT methods used for plant instruments, vessels, tanks, exchangers, pumps, and glass lined equipment
- Inspects all new project piping installed to confirm it complies with the engineering drawings, weld procedures, pipe specifications, etc
- Audits construction projects in the field for quality compliance for civil, mechanical, and maintenance projects
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record work ethic to the safe operation and plant asset integrity
- Comply and ensure compliance with all AMVAC, regulatory safety and environmental requirements
- Comply and ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives
- Perform other assignments as necessary and directed by management
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, exempt position.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
- High pace work being able to prioritize and support plant functions. Communication with other departments to coordinate inspections, project non-conformances and quality activities.
- Working knowledge and urgency to quality systems and ISO compliance for plant development and continuous improvement.
- Able to coordinate and support accurate communication with external contractors for testing personnel for NDT, PSV, and AI/code inspectors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities directly to AMVAC personnel, but the Mechanical Integrity Inspector is to work professionally and lead coordination communication of external and contractor inspections with project engineers when applicable.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform light work including but not limited to: operating and activating; communicating and listening; detecting and perceiving; sitting or standing; moving and traversing; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Occasionally this position may be very active and requires standings, walking, ascending and descending; position self by bending, kneeling stooping, crouching; crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. At this time the employee may frequently safely lift and transport items over 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Ability to Travel:
- This position may require some travel
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and engineering drawings.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence and procedures
- Able to work as a team member as well as independently
- Must have excellent communication and computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Functional understanding of the plant areas
- Must participate in the Safety blood draw program
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record
- Must participate in the random drug test
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field preferred or a significant combination of education and applicable experience required.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and API Certifications 510/570/653 are strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience required in a QA/QC role in applicable industrial/construction fields or API inspection experience.
- Previous visual inspection and data review of chemical plant or refinery plant newly installed or maintenance of fixed equipment, piping, vessels, tanks, and exchangers.
- Familiar with NDT methods: Ultrasonic Thickness Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Previous confined space entry experience for safe methods and environment.
- Mechanical background for metallic, teflon, and glass lined piping equipment for bolting, flanges, fasteners, and torque sequence/specs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.