Alabama - Axis
QC Team Lead / Day Chemist
- Working under the direction of senior lab staff, this position performs routine testing/physical characterization; e.g., sample analyses by GC, GCMS and HPLC, pH and density measurements, sieve and titrimetric analyses. Records and reports results in a timely manner as directed.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Performs other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
- This position may be required to work 12-hour shifts, nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. The employee may frequently and safely lift and move items over 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
- This position may require the ability to travel as determined by management.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.
- We participate in the E-Verify Federal Identification System.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to read and understand analytical methods and procedures.
- This role requires some training or experience in Quality Control.
- Knowledge and experience related to instrument troubleshooting, calibration and method validation is required.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program, if applicable, which includes but is not limited to being clean-shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- College degree in Chemistry or a related science required.
- 0 to 5 years’ applicable lab experience